To be the premier body for promoting new and existing overseas investment in Pakistan by leveraging the world-class expertise of OICCI Members for the benefit of the Investor and the Country.
- To assist in fostering a conducive, open and equitable business environment in Pakistan
- To facilitate transfer of best global practices to Pakistan
- To enhance the image of overseas investors in Pakistan, and the image of Pakistan in overseas business communities
LEGAL FORM OF ORGANIZATION
OICCI is a company originally registered in 1925 and currently registered under the Companies’ Ordinance 1984.
SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES OF THE OICCI:
- Acts as a catalyst to attract Foreign Direct Investment,
- Lobbies for enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights,
- Endeavors to create level playing field for all investors in the areas of taxation, tariffs protection, international quality standards,
- Coordinates with law enforcement authorities to ensure physical safety and security of employees and assets of member companies, and
- Promotes transfer of best global technology and practices in business to Pakistan by leveraging world class expertise of OICCI members for benefit of all investors and the country.
The above activities which enable a conducive, open, safe and equitable business environment in Pakistan are carried out mainly through
- Active engagement with Government and Regulatory bodies.
- Communication with stakeholders,
- Conducting Research
- Spreading business knowledge
- Conducting and participating in seminars
- Applauding and promoting good Government policies
- Playing a role in reversing disenabling policies
- Soliciting opinions and perceptions by conducting Business Climate surveys.